SITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. AGREEMENT Your use of this site and its services will be governed by these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions constitute an agreement between you and the Company. The Company may amend these terms and conditions from time to time. By accessing the site you are bound to the terms and conditions published on the site at the time of any visit to the site A certificate signed by the administrator responsible for maintaining the site will be prima facie proof of the date of publication and content of the current version and all previous versions of the terms and conditions. These terms and conditions become binding on you when you access the site. By using the site and services you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. You also agree and warrant that you will comply with all applicable laws and regulations. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions you should not continue to use the site or the Services. The UK Food Emporium specialises in the importation, distribution and sale of food and confectionary items from the United Kingdom. Items may be ordered online, by fax, telephone or visiting our premises. Please note that we are unable to guarantee stock availability on any item due to the fact that limited quantities of each item are imported at any one time.
2. CORRECTNESS OF SUPPLIED INFORMATION Because we deal with each other in a non-face-to-face environment, you hereby permit the Company and its online partners to rely on the fact that :- Ø all your given details are true and correct;Ø you are legally capable of concluding the transaction;Ø you have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions The Company must be entitled to rely on instructions that appear to originate from you even if they come from someone else impersonating you. Unless you notify us of any irregularities, you agree that we are entitled to act on any instruction purporting to originate from you.
3. NATURE OF INFORMATION ON THE SITE All material on the site merely constitutes an invitation to do business unless otherwise expressly stated and is not an offer to enter into any transaction. Please note that as goods are imported prices may change frequently without notice due to exchange rate fluctuations.
4. TERMINATING REGISTRATION OR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES The Company may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the site or the service or any part thereof, with or without notice.
5. LINKED THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE AND THIRD-PARTY CONTENT The Company, its contractors, agents, owners and employees are not responsible for the contract or privacy policies of any websites to which it may link.
6. PERMISSION FOR HYPERLINKS, DEEP LINKING, CRAWLERS AND METATAGS Nobody may establish a hyperlink, frame, metatag or similar reference, whether electronically or otherwise (collectively referred to as linking), to this site or any subsidiary pages before receiving the prior written approval of the Company, which may be withheld or granted subject to such conditions the Company may specify from time to time.
7. COPYRIGHT The copyright in the material contained on this site belongs to the Company or its licensors.
8. UNAVAILABILITY OF SERVICE You acknowledge and accept that the site or service may become unavailable from time to time due to various circumstances, including technical failure or problems.
9.1 All the information appearing on these pages is provided without a representation or warranty whatsoever, whether expressed or implied and no liability pertaining thereto will attach to the Company.
9.2 The Company accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss whether direct, indirect or consequential arising from information provided on these pages or any actions and/or transactions resulting therefrom.
9.3 The terms and conditions pertaining to any services appearing on these pages or sites shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa and application for any of the services offered on these pages or sites will constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the South African courts regarding all proceedings, transactions, applications or the like instituted by either party against the other, arising from any of the terms and conditions pertaining to such services.
11. ONLINE ORDERS Orders made through the website carry a delivery charge where stated, and this is accepted on completion of the order and payable upon delivery of the order. Any orders in areas whether they carry a delivery charge or not, are only accepted where the order exceeds R100.00. All orders shall be signed off as completed by the purchaser. All orders and purchases are subject to our standard terms and conditions of sale (click here). A guide to delivery charges is available on the website. We shall endeavour to dispatch orders within 3 days of receiving payment.Please note that payments cannot be made online but we accept payments by means of electronic funds transfer or cash on delivery. No deliveries will be made after working hours or on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
12. COMPANY INFORMATION The UK Food Emporium CC, registration number 2004/042436/23, incorporated under the laws of South Africa with physical address at Unit B20, Sanlam Business Park, Racecourse Road, Milnerton, Cape Town. Members: J Crookshank and SV Hutchinson. Telephone 021 551 1722 e-mail email@example.com website www.uke.co.za
Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale
1. All goods sold by the UK Food Emporium (“UKE”) are subject to the terms and conditions stipulated below.
2. All amounts quoted are inclusive of value added tax (Vat).
3. The customer agrees that it shall not be entitled to apply any set-off or retention other than as may be expressly agreed in writing.
4. It is a specific term of the contract between UKE and the customer that UKE retains ownership of all goods supplied by UKE until such time as the customer has paid UKE’s invoice in full, at which time ownership in such goods will be deemed to have passed to the customer.
5. The customer acknowledges that notwithstanding the provisions of clause 4 above, risk in and to all goods supplied by UKE shall pass to the customer upon dispatch when the services of the Post Office or a courier company are utilized and upon delivery when delivered by UKE door to door delivery.
6. UKE shall not be responsible for any loss or damage caused during shipping when the services of the Post Office or an external courier are utilized.
7. While UKE shall endeavour to ship goods within 3 days the customer accepts that UKE cannot be held liable for any delay caused by stock shortages or circumstances beyond its control.
8. UKE reserves the right not to ship any order until payment has been received in full. Where deliveries are made COD and the customer is not available to accept delivery or make payment the customer agrees that UKE will be entitled to charge the delivery fee notwithstanding that the goods were not delivered.
9. The customers attention is specifically drawn to the fact that goods supplied and sold by UKE are imported and that the authorized South African distributor of these products are under no obligation to honour the manufacturers guarantees/warranties or to provide after sales services on these products.
10. UKE shall not be liable for any loss or damage occasioned by the use of any goods or product supplied.
11. All pricing listed on the UKE website is indicative pricing only and is subject to confirmation by UKE.
12. Where UKE sources and/or imports a specific item at the special request of a customer, the customer agrees that such order cannot be cancelled after confirmation regardless of whether UKE has requested the customer to pay a deposit or not.
13. Where UKE agrees to accept payment by cheque, and such cheque is subsequently dishonoured by non payment for any reason whatsoever, the customer agrees to accept liability for all legal costs incurred by UKE in obtaining payment from the customer (including tracing fees and collection commission) on an attorney/own client basis.